Monday, February 25, 2008

Rough road...

I am getting back on the road to run. It has certainly been a while - I had some good training months in the summer, but did not manage to maintain a rigorous schedule all that well during and after fall. I have decided to dedicate the next few weeks to getting back into a routine and finding again some of the lost stamina. I am enjoying my runs with my new buddy Garmin Forerunner - thank you, Vaibhav! Tracking distance and comparing workouts in terms of their heart rate definitely adds some extra motivation right now. I am aiming at building more mileage before starting serious tempo runs and speed works. My marathon qualifying marathon would need to be in the Fall, but I am a little hesitant to put all the eggs in one basket - I might try to squeeze in an early Summer marathon. We will see...
Weekly mileage February 18-24: 15.5 miles, plus one day of downhill skiing at Stevens Pass (a very fun and gorgeous day, although doesn't really count as aerobic cross-training).

No comments: